The London Review of Books features in its 11 April 2013 issue a musing by Nicholas Spice titled “Is Wagner bad for us?” The breadth of Spice’s inquiries prohibits useful capsulization here, but an early passage of the article is so trenchant that I hoped readers would find it stimulating. The question posed was “about …
- A Wagner Item For Continued TC Reading Delectation... on Bayreuth Tannhauser
- How hard is it for you to enjoy music? on Why Don’t Art Lovers Love Art?
- Donna Hughes on Wagner’s Boundaries (The Null Set)
- Your favourite Wagner overture/prelude on Tristan in the Score of Meistersinger
- janine on New York Wagner Society’s Seminar Sunday February 24, 2013